How to Vote
- By mail:
- Download and print the absentee ballot request form (PDF), or contact the Benton County Auditor to request one.
- Mail or drop off completed request form to the Benton County Auditor. NOTE: In the ID section, enter either your driver’s license (or non-operator ID) number OR the 4-digit PIN found on your Voter Identification Card (do not use your Social Security Number).
- Starting 20 days before Election Day, Auditor will mail absentee ballots to voters who have requested them.
- Mail or drop off completed absentee ballot to Auditor in envelope provided. The Auditor must receive your absentee ballot request by 5 PM on the Monday 15 days prior to Election Day.
- Track your absentee ballot.
- In person: Vote in person at the Auditor’s Office—no appointment is required. Curbside voting is available in the north side of the Courthouse.
See Absentee Voting for more information.
Vote on Election Day
Vote in person at your polling location.
2022 Election Dates
Early voting begins
Benton County Auditor
111 E 4th St, 2nd floor
PO Box 549
Vinton, IA 52349
Absentee ballots must be returned by mail or in person to the Auditor’s Office.